Monday, December 20, 2010

Domestic DUD.

I am not sure what happened here. My grandmother- great cook, My mother- great cook... Me- TERRIBLE.
The last week I have tried a tiny bit harder to cook a few things and clean a few things. I have realized in the last week that I really AM terrible at this domestic godess thing. I used to think that it was a lack of desire and effort.. not anymore.

These things REALLY happened.

1. I decided to give Ava some apple slices (I have been avoiding it bc of her loose tooth). I literally walked around the kitchen for 20 minutes trying to figure out how to peel an apple. I also called my mother and sister to ask this question. Finally, I sliced the apple into chunks and then tried to put the knife under the skin of the apple to get it off. After doing that, I realized a potato peeler would work. DUH.

2. I tried to make homemade cookies. Everything was going great until it came to slowly stirring in the flour mix. I have a kitchen aide mixer, that is a life saver. Everything went well the first try. If anyone else has the kitchen aide you know the right side handle locks it into place and the left is the speed to stir. 1st time GREAT... I got it down lock with the right sllllloooowww stir with the left. 2nd time... I mixed up the hands. Pulled the left side hard and all the way to the end which sent flour FLYING all over me, the counters, the 5 measuring cups I hadn't used yet, the oven mitt and the floor.

3. Tonight, I took out hamburger meat to thaw and put it in cold water to speed up the process. So, after a few hours I squeezed it and it seemed soft, so I cut the plastic and without touching any of the meat I plopped it into the wok. First of all, I used a wok...first mistake. Apparently a wok does not double as a skillet when all of your skillets are dirty. Second, the meat was still frozen on the bottom. So, crafty as I am, I scrapped off the meat that was thawed and then put the frozen part in the microwave to defrost. I guess there is some sort of defrost button?

This is why I should NOT ever cook. EVER.
I am equally bad at cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment